Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Evaluation: Big 5 - Who Should Win In 2014?

Voting... that's the best part of Eurovision. The time when your heart beats, faster and faster, as your country rakes up points. Well... unfortunately I don't get that feeling.

You see, being from the UK and born AFTER 1997 is quite upsetting. I've never witnessed my country win. But nonetheless, I still reflect on my country winning.

So... who do I, based on evaluating, think has the best chance in Copenhagen? Well, let's review the Big 5.



Germany -- From 2010 to 2012, Sefaan Raab had involvement with Germany's National Final. And isn't it funny how in 2010, Germany won, in 2011, Germany came 10th and in 2012, Germany came 8th. Yet when Stefaan Raab decides to end his Eurovision involvement, Germany don't even split into the Top 15. Unfortunately, I doubt it will be a good year for Germany.

France -- 2009 was France's last top 10 result, finishing 9th. Well, when you send a singer who's well known in the host country, you're bound to do well. Their singer had sold over 1 million albums in Russia alone, no wonder they did well. But I fear France may keep getting lower and lower and end up like Spain; only receiving the good result here and there. Nonetheless, we must keep up our prayers. Who knows? Maybe we'll be heading to Paris in 2015.

Spain -- Well, RTE have their hopes set high. Definitely. After Pastora ended their reign of bad results, Spain maybe looking for a win. Copenhagen is a place to let go and be free, so who knows what Spain will do this year? Traditional saucy dancer and singer with poppy music or will they slow it down, like Pastora? Whatever happens, I'd love to go to Madrid in 2015!

Italy -- Out of all the Big 5, Italy is most likely to win in 2014. Italy have only been back three years, yet they average a 6th place since coming back. It seems logical for them to win. I even thought there was a chance for them to win in 2011, but no, the country I'd kick out of Eurovision, Azerbaijan, won. But fingers crossed we're going to Rome in 2015, Italy deserve to win!

United Kingdom -- What can I say? I don't think the UK will win again for a while. Unless the BBC stop living under a rock and send a decent artist. Emeli Sande hasn't done a song for a while, why not call her up and ask her to represent us? But no.. the BBC shan't. The chances of us getting a singer younger than 40... not a chance. Nonetheless, London 2015 would be nice, but the BBC will screw us over.


As it seems, Italy should win the 2015 contest. Italy really deserves and I really hope they get the result they're after (1st place!)

1 comment:

  1. very inspiration i idolise you work you seem very clever :)

    ReplyDelete