Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

F.Y.R Macedonia - "Top 10, we're going for Top 10"

If you follow Eurovision closely, like me, you'll know that F.Y.R Macedonia's best scoring is a 12th place. Despite having countless eccentric and ecstatic performances, they never score too great (although, I think it's fair to say that Kaliopi's song was a great song in 2012).

Well, it seems they're wanting to end this run of poor results, as they're sending, possibly, the country's most famous singer, Tijana Dapčević, to Copenhagen. Now, it's always a risky move to send a famous Balkan singer to Eurovision; either the Balkan countries will love her, or they won't. And if they don't... well... her popularity may fade. So I'm sure Tijana won't let the Macedonian broadcaster send her with a terrible song.

We can only hope she's sent with a good song. I only hope she is, as I'm a huge fan. I will definitely be voting for her (I say this meaning: if she is not in the same SF as Conchita and Valentina).



Take a listen to Kaliopi's 2012 song, the last Macedonian entry to appear in a grand final.



No comments:

Post a Comment